More than 100,000 organizations throughout the world are currently using Dynamics 365 Business Central (NAV). Delivering the perfect tool for performing a variety of processes, from basic accounting to complex distribution operations, Business Central is one of the best solutions you can find to streamline your activities and increase efficiency.
Besides offering a specialized system that can help organizations stay competitive in today’s market, here are seven more reasons why most distributors choose Business Central over other distribution ERP software solutions.
- Powerful Functionality. Making available a series of useful functions, including Timeline Visualization, Assembly Management, Cost Accounting and Cash Flow Forecast, Business Central provides deep insight into all the processes that drive business success. Having greater control across operations makes you confident that the right decisions are made at the right time. To help you improve productivity and boost profit margins, Business Central offers a clear view across all the systems you use, while allowing you to automate different business processes, manage tangible (fixed and current) and intangible assets, manage inventory, forecast demands, schedule tasks, set special discounts for top customers, draft a wide variety of reports based on preset settings, etc.
- Simplicity. Simplicity may seem unimportant when assessing the characteristics of a distribution ERP system. However, one of the most important challenges for ERP software developers is to create more features, while keeping systems user friendly. Microsoft has managed to do this, Dynamics Business Central being one of the few distribution ERP software solutions quick to learn and easy to use. Even greater is the fact that it provides the same intuitive look and feel as Microsoft Office, a software app suite that most people are accustomed to.
- Scalability. Running on Microsoft SQL server, Business Central delivers a series of advanced features, such as indexed views, bulk insert, memory cache and three-tier architecture. What do all these mean? In a nutshell, Business Central not only responds quickly to commands, but also supports new functionality, making possible horizontal and vertical growth at different paces. The multi-currency feature is a valuable add-on for the companies running global operations or planning to expand across borders.
- Customization. Providing full access to source code, Business Central is one of the most versatile distribution ERP software. You can add modules, select features, modify formulas and policies, and create new fields from scratch within several minutes. Basically, any must-have requirement can be met with Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- Role Centers. Offering different Role Centers out of the box, Business Central provides role-tailored features. For instance, special Role Centers for Accounting Managers allow accounting managers to access business data specific to their roles. Providing limited access to information is one of the best things you can do to protect sensitive data, including your clients’ addresses, names and credit card information. Further, offering information according to roles streamlines processes, helping your staff work more efficiently.
- Tracking Capabilities. Most distribution ERP software solutions are useless when it comes to tracing information back to certain events. Fortunately, Dynamics NAV is different. Equipped with “SumIndexFields,” a smart technology that records everything, Business Central gives you access not only to all entries, but also to their details, regardless of when they’ve been made. Another great thing is that all entries are linked together, which means that you can choose a particular transaction and navigate back and forth to assess the impact it has had on your business. Further, the system verifies all the entries before posting them, preventing inaccuracies (e.g. subtracting items from stock lists before adding them, resulting in negative stock balance) from occurring.
- Cloud Functionality. Business Central is available either on premise or via the cloud. Although you may feel more comfortable using the on-premise software version, Business Central in the cloud provides added functionality, including online payment service, built-in integration with Dynamics CRM and remote access from anywhere, at any time. The hosted option is the best choice for any company searching for a robust ERP solution ready to keep up with its needs.